Monday, August 3, 2009

The Story of the Dude (Today)

Today marks my 18th wedding anniversary with The Dude.

18 years ago today, I walked down a sidewalk in a park, and let go of my family's hand to join my hand with The Dude's.

I'm leaving the man in my life, the guy I adore - still sleeping. I'm headed for Lafayette for work, and I'm tired. It's a long drive. I'm writing this in part as an anniversary present. I'm also writing it for me.

Our relationship has been a long road, but we have been on it together.

I know I can count on The Dude to be my friend, my support, my champion, my love, my husband and my mate through any challenge. I know that with The Dude, I can do anything. I know that what we have is special, and important, and worth fighting for. I know I have found the place I belong.

I believe that there are people that are meant for each other. I often told The Dude in our early years that "God knew what he was doing" when he put us together. I know without a doubt in my heart that our hearts, our minds and our lives were designed to work best together.

I am a part of something very special and very rare. I have true, honest, fierce and passionate love with someone I trust and admire.

I have found where I belong. I have found a person to cling to and hold tight.

I am home no matter where I go.

I am....

(Babe, you know the rest. Happy Anniversary.)

1 comment:

glitzen said...

I love this. Happy Anniversary (late!) and best wishes. Good men are hard to find, yours sounds like a keeper. :)