Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Rose By Any Other Name- Or Something

A post on the message board I frequent brought this line of thinking about.

I really hate my name. My name has always felt weird or awkward on me. I have never felt it fit me. It doesn't feel like the person I am inside my head. I don't know what name would fit me better, but I know it isn't the name I have.

Plus, It's boring, and there is absolutely NO nickname for it. It's also VERY VERY American and it's darn near impossible to explain to someone from another country because there is nothing equivalent to it.

Most of the time, I usually answer to "hey" much better than my own name.

Sign me,

"Hey"

2 comments:

... said...

When I was named, my parents were deciding between my name and yours! I used to always with they had chosen yours instead of mine.

... said...

I mean WISH!