Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Something... everything...nothing

There are days when your personal weaknesses will eat you up and spit you out if you let them.

I've had a long series of days where I have learned more and more about myself in a fairly un-fun way and now all my weaknesses are coming to kick my butt.

I might be a strong, tough woman- but I don't respond well to yelling or bullying. I might WANT to be a good manager/leader/in-charge person, but I'm not. I might want to be self-sufficient and good at quick decisions; but I'm not. I might want to pretend I don't give a darn what anyone else thinks of me, but I do. I might want to quit being so eager to please, but it hasn't happened yet.

All these weaknesses are magnified a million fold when around people I love dearly- and while all these things are subconscious, my loved ones pick up on them and find ways to "push my buttons".

And of course I haven't learned how to ignore this stuff yet and I get upset, hurt and angry. I haven't learned how to express this stuff well, either.

2 comments:

... said...

I think you expressed it well. I'll bet for every one of those things you perceive as weaknesses, you (or the loved ones around you) can name two or more strengths!

Let this day just go into the books and may tomorrow be the end to the string of these kinds of days.

glitzen said...

Well I think you expressed it perfectly. Too many of those things fit me to a T..but I am not as honest as you are about it! I am always trying to hide my feelings and vulnerabilties. My husband just hates that! SO good for you, being transparent and willing to evaluate yourself. :)