Monday, February 16, 2009

A Treat

Quite a few people that love me and care for me have been after me to take care of myself and give myself a "break" or a "treat" since I lost my job. Even my mom suggested a vacation. I put a lot of thought into how or if I could justify doing anything frivolous when my family needed me putting all my energy towards finding a way to support us.

But yesterday, I let myself have a treat. I asked my dad to watch the kids and the Dude and I went *out*. We went to a local bar and saw a band we enjoy-a LOT- play. We bought a couple drinks (with birthday money), and some souvenir T shirts (with some true "fun money").

I had a fabulous time. I danced, sang along, did some headbanging, and just enjoyed myself. I didn't worry about a thing, and I am glad.

2 comments:

miss violonjello said...

Good job.. everybody deserves some niceness! I let myself lay on my bed in my underwear today, reading and eating peanut butter off a spoon - that's my treat!

glitzen said...

Sounds like a great escape! In these times, I think its important to chase our worries away from time to time. I avoid the newspaper, and try to focus on small blessings and small pleasures. Glad you had some FUN!