Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Simple Gifts

The major plus about this "no job" thing is that I have had an opportunity to spend a WHOLE lot more time with my kids. Yesterday and today, one or both of them have been sick, and I got to stay home with them with ABSOLUTELY NO guilt.

Best feeling in the world.

We piled on the couch with pillows and blankets and watched TV. We snoozed. We cuddled and hugged and glommed on each other.

I made comfort food for dinner ( spaghetti and jello) and baked brownies for dessert.

I held my ever growing children and kissed their heads. I took their temperatures and babied them endlessly.

I can't tell you how much I needed a day where I was a mom again, with no worries or interference, and all I had to worry about was if their feet were in my face.

Last night, the Dude took me out to dinner. It was a psuedo birthday dinner, as my birthday is Thursday and I am working (at my part time job) and the Dude will be at our business in the evening. We're HOPING that we can go see Clutch at a local club on Sunday for my "official" birthday celebration. (Paid for by my parents so I don't feel guilty about spending money on myself.)

I have a lot of hours at the part time job and was offered a position of responsibility (I accepted).

I had another interview on the phone today. It was short, but I continue to get called and find leads.

My kids are asking for their mom.

1 comment:

John P. said...

You are a heck of a mom, make no mistake.