Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Poor Poor Pitiful Me

Cue Warren from the Zombie section...

I am job hunting and sick at the same time. Yuk-o.

I went to two "cattle call" job fair deals. At the first, I was the only person with:

brushed hair
A pen
a clipboard
a suit
a resume
no baby

At the other, there were some other "put together" folks, but I was still the only one with:

a pen
a clipboard

At the first place, I looked around and wondered if I was in the right place. I know I made an impression, and hope to hear from the hiring manager soon.

At the second place they were doing on-the-spot interviews and I think I did well.
I doped myself up on Day-Quil and had plenty of hand sanitizer to sit in a room full of 100+ folks, take a 5th grade math test, and possibly have a job.

I've gotten two responses for "further information" since this process started, and one "job offer" (which was a "Business Opportunity" in disguise).

I have no plans to go anywhere tomorrow unless I get called for an interview. I plan to sleep some and clean my house. If I'm still getting paid, I may as well work. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

Time for some Green NyQuil.

2 comments:

glitzen said...

Oh poor dearie. I hate it when I have to live on "Quil"...uppers in the daytime and downers at night. I almost always survive a cold that way. I don't know if its good for me, but boy oh boy, I'm glad I have those.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I love that green death Nyquil, which is the only good thing about getting sick.

Good luck; sounds like you're the no-brainer choice at the job fairs~!