Sunday, January 25, 2009

Back to bed... I hope

So since the layoff notice, I have had serious troubles sleeping. Some days are better than others, but as a rule, when I am nervous or worried, I get obsessive and then worry some more which makes me obsessive etc. I often focus on something that MUST be done RIGHT NOW (yeah, 3am really makes a difference) and then can't sleep until it is done.

I have found that I think a little better in the quiet and dark of the middle of the night, but that there's no one to talk to or hug me.

The clinic didn't work out, but it's ok. I was able to say no to the crummy job without lying (something I don't like to do and am pretty bad at) due to a job related commitment.

I keep hoping I'll find some sort of routine and that will help- but my schedule has been crazy since the first week of January and it is not looking to improve any time soon.

I keep getting calls and I keep finding leads for jobs. I still have some hope for the job south of me. I'm staying busy, but my schedule changes from day to day. That's a good thing. I need to work out my "flexibility" muscle.

And go back to bed.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm rooting for you! I hope it all works out exactly the way you want it to!

glitzen said...

Had you on my mind lately! If God keeps slamming doors, just stay out of the way. LOL. :) There is a perfect job out there, I just know it.
I am having a rough time sleeping too. I have had to take sleeping aids for the past seven years, but they are not working well anymore. I just get up and go read or blog surf. Eventually I go back to bed and have more luck, but it makes for some sleepy mornings..huh? Ugh.