Saturday, January 3, 2009

I don't deserve this

This past week has been a blur.

I mentally allowed myself the week of Christmas "off" and really did not look for work. I needed time with my kids that involved no stress, no worrying, and lots of fun.

As of Monday, I have sent out countless applications/resumes, have tried to battle my budget into submission (HA!), found a lot of things to keep me busy and trooped on with my life.

And at every turn, my cup continues to overflow.

I've received unexpected financial help recently. My mother is just being awesome in ways I can't explain. My faith has been strengthened by my friends and family. A member of my small group at church has offered me a part time job. My life is filled with the spirit and person of G-d in soft, huggable bodies.

I've hoped to be a good, loving person. I've hoped to be a light to those that need it. I've hoped to be approachable and easygoing in my faith. I've never been certain I was doing it well.

I don't feel like I deserve all this kindness. I'm struggling to accept it all and I have learned a whole lot of ways to say thank you.


Thank you doesn't seem enough. It just doesn't.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

If you're getting it, you're doing something right. Give yourself some well-deserved credit!

... said...

You are absolutely deserving. It just shines through in your blog entries - all the way to a stranger in Ohio. And you show such gratitude, as opposed to entitlement. I'd say you are reaping what you've sown! Happy 2009!