Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why don't they tell me this stuff?

#1Showering before bed. BEST. TIMESAVER.EVER.
If I had known, I totally would have been doing this -YEARS- ago.

#2My optimal operating hours are 8a-8p. So DUH, a job that is 7a-4p is not entirely ideal. ESPECIALLY when it means getting up at !5! AM. It makes me tired, cranky and not so good at doing my normal mom/wife/me stuff. Thus, #1 is well and TRULY a miraculous discovery.

#3If your schedule requires you to go to bed WAY early (like, oh, 9pm) so you can actually WAKE up at !5! am, caffeine anytime after, um, noon- is BAD.

#4Girl children that are "nothing like" me are way more like me than I ever realized possible- just in totally sneaky, illuminating ways. The mother's curse is a funny thing because I'm discovering I LIKE this girl more and more every day. And understand myself more clearly too.

#5There will be days where you can't keep up with your brain. And then there will be days when your brain is off and your body is hotwired. I keep hoping they will mesh for me someday.

#6I've got a pretty good life. Who knew?

1 comment:

glitzen said...

I love your posts! Good stuff here, Girlie.