Sunday, November 30, 2008

Homebody

I am a homebody.

I don't like to go out much. I don't like to be drug all over heck & creation for "special events" or any other reason. I like my home, my family and my space.

I like making the rules and having some control over what happens and when.

This tendency often causes me to be a less than stellar daughter, sister, Daughter-in-law or even (I'm ashamed to admit) friend.

I know a large part of it is from years of divorced parents and driving everywhere for holidays and never having a moment's peace. I know some of it is a desire to create a sense of order and calm for myself and my kids. I know some of it is habit, and some is simply me being stubborn.

I can't really make myself like going places or doing stuff outside my comfort zone, but I can DO them in an effort to be more like the me I want to be.

Maybe a trip or visit now and then is good for me. Is it ok if I pick when I go?

1 comment:

... said...

I could have written this! Word for word (except for the divorce part - at least you have a reason)! =)