Saturday, December 13, 2008

Head Space

I've had some unpleasant mental junk going on lately and I've been having a hard time dealing with it. I've had a hard time dealing with anything, really.

I realized very recently that the things I have loved to do, the things that create great excitement in me, and give me my purpose were just so much "MEH" to me lately.

I realized that I did not want to do normal everyday things and even dealing with my kids (which is usually the highlight of my day) was driving me crazy.

I tried to scrapbook recently and was appalled at how much I hated my papers. I knew that when I wanted to throw away my Basic Grey, SOMETHING was wrong.

I made myself do some things that I normally really really enjoy- and I couldn't hack it. I started feeling weird, paranoid, and closed in about halfway through them.

I sat down to make some Christmas cards for a project (not for my family or friends) and didn't hate it. I actually found myself sort of having fun. I made way more than I planned and didn't want to stop.

I found something I wanted to do again- so I'm running with it. I WANT to make 65 Christmas cards this weekend.

Yeah, I want to do something. I don't know if I should be excited or sad. But I want to do something.

No comments: