Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Musings at not quite 6am & a bleg

Our family had a very happy time laughing about the recent Bush press conference. We've known for several years that it is the ULTIMATE Iraqi insult to throw a shoe at someone and found the entire situation preposterously funny. Simply because someone actually threw a shoe-we giggled for a long time.

My mother proved her status as awesome again. She sent TallBoy some things Rhett (my youngest brother) had outgrown including pairs of Nike Shox, And1, and Addidas Pros - and all of them fit. None of these are cheap shoes to begin with, and they're all on the "cool" side - and they fit! (he's wearing size 13 or 14 shoes, so shoes that fit are a big deal)

I really don't like snow and ice and can't wait for it to be warm again. I spoke to a man in Australia Monday and it was 30+ C there... I'm jealous. (But Christmas in summer seems really strange to me)

Blegging for good deeds:

A good girlfriend fell on the ice last Monday and dislocated her kneecap. She's in a knee brace for 8 weeks and today it's like a hard candy shell outside. I hope she stays safe.

Any ideas for a care package for her as she recovers? She LOVES reading and pop-culture TV. I'm looking for great ideas so send 'em my way. I'd love to be able to bring her a basket of goodies to let her know how much I care about her. She's a really good friend.

1 comment:

... said...

How about a couple Sudoku books or some crossword puzzle/word find books? Sometimes, even if you love to read, you need a break from a book and characters, etc. - especially if that's all you can do while sitting. Or maybe a bunch of magazines to flip through if she's bored with a book.

Does she knit, crochet, cross stitch? Would she be willing to learn while she's a captive audience. A simple, beginner cross stitch kit might be fun.

Your two previous posts are so much like me. You seem to think the same why I do about stuff. Kind of spooky hearing some of my thoughts come from a random stranger on the internet!

I hope you're feeling better from your fall too!