Monday, November 24, 2008

Y, Oh, Y

TallBoy came over to me and was acting extremely affectionate and lovey and things today. So I returned said affections, hugging and kissing and generally enjoying the bigness of this boy of mine because I love this guy. He's great. Annoying at times, but truly great. He disengages, smiles, says, "I love you", I reply in kind, and then departs for his room.

As he is headed to his room, I hear him snickering to himself. And I am *very* suspicious, *very* suddenly.

Then it hits me.

He has mastered the art of the "hit&run" as it's known at our house- the laying of a silent gaseous cloud so fierce I nearly retch, and get this:

He thinks it's funny.

I really do have 3 brothers, so I should be used to it by now, but *really* . My own son!

I need to go scrub out my nose. And invest in a lot of Glade.

I do love him- I mentioned that, right?

No comments: