Saturday, September 20, 2008

Life today

The Dude worked at the store 5 days this week. Because the store is 25 miles away, he stayed in town and didn't come home between jobs, and was gone from 5am to midnight on 4 of those days. The other, he left before I came home from work and I did not see him before I went to bed.

My wonderful teen son reminded me yet again why I do not own weaponry. (Grades and homework are NOT his strong point, regardless of how brilliant he is. ) My darling daughter was sick and I have no time off at work. The laundry was not done. Dishes were not done. Homework battles, sticking to my guns on discipline and other normal harried mom junk became a million times harder because I was doing it alone.

The single-married mom phenomenon is not unique. I know a lot of women whose husbands are in grad school, or who work construction, or who deal with deployments etc. Most of the women I know personally run their homes as their first job.

I work outside the home as well as run my household and I was on an even keel until the Dude decided to take on extra days at the store every other week. Now I am all out of whack and I couldn't even ask him to hold me while I whined about it. I'm learning not to whine and trying to get better at time management.

I just have a million things going on. I'm trying to learn frugal cooking, I have some baking projects on my agenda, I have a scrapbooking project I want to finish, I have 2 games now (invited to a new one recently and no character for a run tonight, eek), I am painting WM minis (Doomreavers and finishing Kommandos), making a Magic deck and sorting cards- plus SweetPea is in basketball & Girl Scouts, I have church events and a teenager with a social life.

I need a V8!

No comments: