Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reasons for Joy

The corn is coming down.


I am not sick anymore!


I went fishing with SweetPea and TallBoy on Sunday the 12th. I saw SweetPea catch her first fish (yay!) and she went on to catch a total of 6. The weather was perfect (75 with a slight breeze, sunny); there was a weenie roast & smores (again!) and we truly enjoyed ourselves.


SweetPea turned 12 on the 16th and had a fabulous birthday! She got loads of fun presents and enjoyed the whole week (presents came in little by little). Her favorite present is a guitar (thanks mom!) and now I get to help her learn to love playing music. Yay!


SweetPea, TallBoy & I drove up to Chicagoland area on the 18th to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. I saw family I hadn't seen in years and TallBoy completely amazed everyone with how TALL he is. (He recently grew a little- he is now 6 foot, easy.)


My mother rode in the car with us part of the way and we had a lot of fun talking.


My Brother (Fixit) and his wife loved the scrapbook album I made for their wedding present.


I love this part of fall- when things are harvested and it's cool and pleasant.


Basketball is almost over and I will have evenings at home, with kids, dog & the Dude again, very soon.


Despite being older, TallBoy and SweetPea still need their mom every now and then.


SweetPea & TallBoy are very affectionate kids and let me know they love me.


It is now two-blanket season. That means I have extra reason to snuggle The Dude, who is really WARM (he's covered in fur- he has his OWN blanket).


Life is full of reasons for joy. It''s our job to find them.

2 comments:

... said...

**Life is full of reasons for joy. It''s our job to find them.**

I absolutely love this quote! And your list!

glitzen said...

Great quote! Our family theme is looking for "simple pleasures" so this sure fits.