Wednesday, June 17, 2009

For the Dude

Just an open letter, because I know he looks here.

You are an amazing man, and I adore you more every day.

You know I like to read that message board-it's a little like a soap opera and I am always interested in other people's lives.

Every day that I read it, I am strongly reminded of how LUCKY I am. I am reminded every day of my life, but seeing slices of other people's lives just reinforces how wonderful you are. I have a faithful, honest, hardworking, dedicated and loving man that showers me with love and respect.

I can honestly say that even the "grrr" stuff is not enough to warrant a vent there- you're just too good and I won't subject you to the wrath of all those women that aren't in our situation.

Even on the weird or not so good days, I have a "strange relationship that's worth holdin' on 2" and I am glad for your presence in my life.

You light me up and make me feel so special, so important, so central to your life. You praise the stuff I do right and pick me up and dust me off when I fall down on the job. You hold me when I am all wrecky and encourage me when I need it. You remind me of how big & tough I am, and how I can handle anything, as long as

I have you.



I am beyond blessed and I am so glad that you are my best friend and my husband... and that I quit looking at FNM, took a chance, and kissed you.

(me/yours)

2 comments:

... said...

This was so nice to read. And I'm with you. I am astounded by the relationships/family dynamics/marriages I read about "over there". It's amazing to me to think of how some people live and allow themselves to be treated - or how they treat others. Just amazing.

glitzen said...

Good for you, its so important to appreciate what we have. I am afraid I am too guilty of complaining or trying to change my guy, so he tells me! :)