Monday, June 29, 2009

Action, Driving, Adventure, Exhaustion

I returned Friday from my trip. The trip was long. I learned a lot- mostly, that 4 hours on my own in the car is about my limit; and that I do not ever want to leave the kids for that long again. (Until they are grown or something. I am not obsessive.)


I was SO proud of myself. I drove there (4 hours) all by myself- to somewhere I had never been before, with directions from Google. My experience with Google directions is that they are usually right on either distances OR street/highway names- but very rarely BOTH at the same time. Despite that, I got there in one piece and DID NOT GET LOST!

Later in the week, I decided to be adventurous, and drove to a suburb of Cincinnati. I yet again drove all the way there by myself, with Google directions, and DID NOT GET LOST! I had a wonderful time in Cincinnati visiting with an "online friend" and paid a visit to one of the very nicest stamp stores I have ever seen.

I then returned to my hotel, on my own- without any written directions- Just "get off at "X" street" directions... AND DID NOT GET LOST!

I drove home, by myself, and while I *HAD* directions, I did not really need to use them until the middle of Indianapolis. Once I got past Indy, I knew the way home, and I made it safe and sound. I did NOT get lost.

I have to say that all this excitement is a little more than I am used to, and way more than I want to engage in regularly. I was worn out for the whole weekend after I got home!

My dog was so happy to see me he ran in circles, barked a bunch (very rare in the house anymore), licked me to pieces, and then laid in my lap.

My kids attacked me. The Dude was VERY glad to have me home. I am glad to be home.

No comments: