Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's The Dude's Birthday!

I have had the wonderful priveledge of being married to The Dude for a LONG time. I really, really enjoy him- a lot. He's funny, handsome, caring, honest, dedicated, passionate, witty, loyal, and a fabulous dad. He's my very best friend (girlfriend K, I hope you understand! You're wonderful in your own right!) and above all else, he makes me feel safe.

For me, feeling safe is more important than money, fame, power, faith, a nice car, being well read or any other "big compatibility concern" that other peolpe have. That warm, soft feeling I get when he talks to me, looks at me, holds me or just makes me LAUGH is more valuable than gold.

I cannot tell him in words how much he means to me. It just doesn't seem possible. I've been working very hard to show him in actions and attitude that what he is to me, what he means to me, and how much he gives me are appreciated.

He's better than great; excellent or fabulous. He's kind of my rock star.

(A moment to remember one of his favorite rock stars, Joey Ramone- who died 9 years ago today.)

Today, my rock star is a little older. To me, it's a cause for celebration. I get more time to be with the man I love.

Happy birthday, my darling man. It's your birthday, and you're THE DUDE!

No comments: