Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another game update

I'm thinking that I may start a game blog, or change the focus of this one just a little. Still processing that thought. 

About the time my character Jak died, my gaming life took a very unusual turn. I had a LOT of opportunities very suddenly. I have a chance to play with a whole new group of people, without my kids or my husband; a chance to play with my husband (but no kids); and an option to run my OWN game.

I've always had a little bit of an inferiority complex when it comes to the gaming crowd and how I'm viewed. The Dude is well known and very respected in our circle, and many times I had the feeling that I was accepted by default.

Jak dying was sort of a wake up call to me. I had no less than four different conversations with people regarding my plans, my interests, my desire to keep playing, etc. Every person I talked to encouraged me to stay in the game and had really positive things to say about me as a player. It's kind of neat to know I don't stink.

1 comment:

kittent said...

breeding for gamers is a goodness. keep me posted on your plans...sounds interesting. Especially since you have a settled schedule.

Drop The Kid off Friday night. Papa Teece and I will take her out for a special supper with no Child tagging along.